General Description: This block is made of two fabrics with high contrast. The finished element resembles a house, or a very fat flying goose.
Cutting Directions: for one block - 3 pieces
- White - cut 1, 4 1/2" square
- Green - cut 2, 2 1/2" squares
- Draw a line, diagonally on the wrong side of each 2 1/2" square
- Align a 2 1/2" square with a corner of the 4 1/2" square with rights sides together and the drawn line parallel to the corner.
- Sew next to the line. Place your stitches just to the corner edge of the line. I used the presser foot as a guide and let the line go under the metal right at the edge of the sewing area.
- Fold 2 1/2" square back so piece is a 4 1/2" square with one colored corner. There should be three pieces of fabric meeting in one corner.
- Iron toward corner.
- Do this a second time on an adjacent corner.
- Leaving a 1/4" seam allowance, trim excess fabric from the back.